“Kick Start Your Writing in 2013” presented at Making it in Changing Times by Polly Campbell a.k.a ‘the guru’ (that’s what I’ve dubbed Polly due to her amazing zen-like approach to the writing process!)
“The energy a writer creates actually changes the world, in a small way, but yes.” – Polly Campbell
3-Part Writing Process:
- Passion is the thing that gets you moving
- In this stage, there is no mastery–and that’s OK
- This piece must be present!
- Create a damn LIFESTYLE of writing
- Specific actions such as:
-I will write one page per day
-I will write in the morning
-I will network once per day
- You’ll always get an outcome if you have specific actions!
- Area wherein the failures and challenges rear their ugly heads
- You’ve got to get over the humps!
- This section looks like this:
-25 query letters to the same guy
- Persistence is the only way it happens
Powerful Polly Campbell Quotes to Live By:
“Everything is not going to just work out for you. It never does, that just isn’t how life is.” (Tell me about it.)
“Go for good, not great.”
“Ask yourself questions. Then search for the answers.”
“Watch the language you use with yourself. Keep it positive!”